Mike Phelan (Manchester United assistant manager):
“Young or old, goalkeepers make mistakes. We have got trust in him. He will be a good Premier League goalkeeper.”
“He is making some good saves. His agility and kicking are excellent, we have seen that in pre-season. He is going to be a top goalkeeper.”
“This is United and Old Trafford. It’s different. I have watched De Gea play in Spain and every time I saw him I was very impressed. He was impressive in the Under 21 Championship in the summer, too. But, as I say, this is different; even if you played at a club with a lot of pressure, like Atletico Madrid.”
“From what I have seen of De Gea, as long as he can keep going and limit his mistakes - because all goalies make mistakes - he will be fine. I think that he will go on to be one of the great goalkeepers at Manchester United, without a doubt. He has the backing of Ferguson and will have the time and support to get it right. All De Gea has to do is get the experience - and playing for United in a goldfish bowl, he will get that very quickly.”
What are your thoughts on David De Gea?
- ajm17 answered: hello
- tiarakemala answered: he awesome! he did a great job for united, i believe he can be truly no.1 and he a handsomeeee spanish boy! Ơ̴̴͡.̮Ơ̴̴̴͡
- rhythmofmyheartshitsunevenly answered: Btw, it’s de Gea, not De Gea… And well, as a keeper, I guess he makes common mistakes, but he’ll come good. Definitely.
- goodrakha answered: young and talented goalkeeper, but still have to learn. its not too late for De Gea to learn from his senior about english-footballt
- gitanagilliana answered: Agree with Wrighty and Schmeichel- he needs to adapt, the English game is faster and more direct than European styles. He’ll come good
- mark-thefall answered: great player just needs time to settle down
- josephineglenis likes this
- grahitooo answered: David De Gea is Better than Joe Hart, Wojciech Szczesny, and many others
- hitchhawk answered: He will be fine. Paul Scholes vs David De Gea at Carrington will solve the problems.
- 4610 likes this
- best-ever-irsyad answered: There’s always room for improvement. So need to give him time. Everyone makes mistakes.
- michellesgiggle likes this
- anglotopia answered: Give him a chance. It’s unfair 2 judge him only from his 1st 2 games while d season’s just started. He’ll learn n adapt. I have faith in him
- whoknowslovee answered: Good goalkeeper.Everything is new to him so he needs to adjust quickly and it’s difficult but he can do it.He’s very talented.
- aahimself likes this
- ppipa20 likes this
- whoa-nemanja likes this
- esviai answered: I trust him! Go De Gea Go! You are the future of ManUnited!
- filleauxlunettes answered: It’s unfair to compare De Gea and VdS. VdS is our legend but could we just give De Gea time to prove that he’s gonna be the next one?
- jack7lares answered: i think if sir alex keeps playing him he will learn so much because he is still young and he will become a great goalkeeper
- thesoccerland answered: he should improve, more concentrate and brave. He’s already conceded 3 goals in 2 appearances, that’s not good, he should make a cleansheat
- mannybricks answered: He’s good. No need to panic..takes time..He will be just fine
- samo-disi answered: I personally don’t think he’s all that. I think with experience, Lindegaard would be better.
- shitshockandhorror answered: The boy’s still very young and ppl are expecting him to be as good as van der saar, that’s too much to handle.
- ladyperseverance likes this
- miurt answered: Needs time. Not a couple of games but a few months. He will come through.